Just a few reminders concerning our student medical policies here at MCA:
Please make sure to keep your phone number and emergency contact numbers up-to-date with our office so you, or another responsible adult, can be reached in the event your child needs medical attention. If your child is sick and needs to go home, we ask that you or another adult can arrive within 30 minutes of notification.
- Fever is a symptom of sickness, along with earaches, rash, and listlessness. If your child has any of those indications, they may be contagious to others. Please keep your child home if they have a fever, AND they need to be fever-free for 24 hours (without medication to keep the fever down) before they can return to school.
- Vomiting and diarrhea – If you child has repeated episodes of diarrhea or any vomiting, please keep your child out of school until the illness passes.
- Severe cough or cold – if accompanied by a fever, your child should not attend school. Students should cover their mouth with the bend of their arm when sneezing or coughing to avoid spreading germs. Concerning a runny nose: Remind your child to use a tissue to wipe their nose, throw the tissue away, then immediately use hand sanitizer or wash their hands.
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye) – is highly contagious. Symptoms are red or pink eyes, eyes itchy or burning, and discharge from the eyes. Please take your child to their pediatrician for drops and wait for their approval to return to school.
* Please see Parent and Student Handbook for complete details.