We value our MCA family and encourage your involvement in every aspect of your child’s life, including your student’s school routine. There are several ways you can stay connected with your child at MCA:
- Read weekly MCA e-newsletters for school community news. Sign up by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Read weekly class newsletters from your child’s teacher. Sign up by emailing each teacher directly.
- Participate in events/activities to get to know other families, and do your part by volunteering to help with events.
If you would like to receive special and important messages via text message, including school delay and closing information, please text the letter “Y” to phone number 67587. Weather-related schedule changes and last minute athletic schedule changes will all come via text.
* Parents need to “opt-in” to the text system in order receive those updates. Text features will only work for parents who have given MCA cell phone numbers during the registration process. Parents are welcome to update their demographics at any time by contacting the front office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents are able to access student grades and attendance through the PowerSchool Parent Portal
or through their smartphone with the PowerSchool Parent App. Your username/password will not change year-to-year unless you make a change to your account. Login information for new students comes home around the second week of school.
* PowerSchool is available for Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Click Here For Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer in your child’s classroom by contacting your child’s teacher, or by volunteering as a room-parent!
Our Volunteer Coordinator Team meets quarterly to discuss current MCA projects and events and give your valuable input to help make our school a success. We invite you to participate in events and activities to get to know other families, and do your part by volunteering to help with events. Each family is required to volunteer 20 service hours each school year. Families who do not log 20 volunteer service ours will be invoiced $200 to help cover the cost of maintaining our facility and events. Participating in these events will give you a love for MCA and all the families served by MCA. We look forward to getting to know you better this year!
School Closing or Delay Due to Severe Weather
Although school is closed as a last resort, on occasion, the weather may be too severe to stay open. School closings will be announced by 6:00 a.m. There is no childcare provided anytime that MCA is closed. To receive text notifications of delays and closings, please text the letter “Y” to phone number 67587.
As always, if you feel the weather is too dangerous and school is in session, it is up to the parent’s discretion to keep their child at home (be sure to call and notify the office). Remember, MCA does not necessarily close if the Mooresville Consolidated Schools are closed. We will post cancellations on Social Media, as well as send out an e-news alert for those who are subscribed. Several TV and radio stations will also announce our school closings and delays.